Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators
Submissions for 2017-2018 Recommender Grants are Now Open
Generously supported by the Ontario Arts Council, the Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators is a fantastic opportunity for Obsidian to fund new theatrical works in development. Obsidian is passionately dedicated to the exploration of the Black Artists voice in Canada, and it is one of our top priorities to support the development of the work of Artists of Colour. This program provides successful applicants with funding that is geared towards the creation and development of new work, with amounts between $1000 and $5000 dollars.
- 1-3 Page Project Description
- Project Description should include: the current status of the project, any development that it has had prior to its submission, a detailed synopsis, and a proposed plan for the further development of the piece.
- The Theatre Creators Reserve is primarily intended for artist sustenance during the development period. This budget should include Cost of Living, and any materials, and collaborators fees.
- Work Plan
- A detailed work plan that outlines clear goals during the development period for the project. This can include dates, timelines, and the steps that will be taken to further the project.
- Bio or Resume
- Please include a Theatre Bio or Resume of all participants in the project. This is to get an idea of who you are, so any information pertinent to the project is very useful.
- Script (If Applicable)
- This can be a draft of the Project that you are applying for, other relevant writing. The script is not required if you are proposing a new project, however a sample of writing can be useful to evaluate your project.
- 12pt Font
- Please make sure your submission is a minimum of 12-point font.
- Supplementary Material (If Applicable)
- This can include pictures, video or audio files, if they are pertinent to your project. This is not a requirement, but an option.
SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2017
Obsidian will only accept submissions by email.
- Applications must be formatted and submitted in a single PDF file. One PDF signed copy of the Recommender Grants Application Form must be included. It can be downloaded here. If the application is received without the form or in any other format the application will be considered invalid. Applications should be emailed to Mel at pd[@]obsidiantheatre.com
It is highly recommended that if you have any questions about the application process that you contact our Company Dramaturge Mel Hague at email@example.com prior to submission.
Click to download OTC RECOMMENDER GUIDELINES 17/18
Image: Venus’ Daughter by Meghan Swaby 2016, Photographed by Lyon Smith